Saturday, March 15, 2014

Save your scraps!

Hello!  I wanted to show you two cards I made that are made with scraps.  It's hard sometimes for me to throw away stuff when I think it can be used again for something else, so I've been known to save EVERYTHING from time to time.  But it does come in handy when you need just a portion of a piece of paper, rather than cutting or punching into a whole piece of paper.  I don't know about you, but when I don't have any scraps in a color, I hate having to cut into a whole sheet of paper just for a 1'' circle.  So, that's why I save my scraps.
Here are two cards I made with scraps from the Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack.  Most of these pieces were left over, so I came up with the design for the card pretty quickly.


The other pieces were left over from another class that I had in February, and then I stamped my Thank you greeting from the Starburst Sayings stamp set and punched some circles and cut out the starbursts with my Starburst Framelits.  The banners I cut by hand, but you can use the Banner Framelits if you have those.  The colors I used were Real Red, Costal Cabana, Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar, and Crumb Cake.  I punched out my heart with the small heart punch in the Silver Glimmer Paper, and that was it!  Thanks for stopping by today, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment