Sunday, December 1, 2013

Warmest Wishes Cocoa/Coffe Cup

Hello!  Today's post is quick and easy.  I covered a styrafoam cup that you use for hot cocoa or coffee with the Season of Style Designer Series paper, stamped a greeting on a sheet of Whisper White card stock, then punched out a circle and mounted that on another circle, punched out a scallop circle punch, and mounted all three on a belly band of Crumb Cake on the cup.  I popped up the scallop circle with dimensionals and added a little star cut out of the silver glimmer paper for a little extra something. ( I love that glimmer paper!  It's on sale right now through December 2.  I suggest you stock up!  I did!)  I hope you like this project.  It's easy to recreate.  And you can fill the cup with hot cocoa, spiced cider, or whatever warm drink you prefer when it's cold!

Here's a little tip about how to cut the paper to cover the cup: you can't cut a straight strip of paper, because the cup is round, it wouldn't wrap around the cup right.  I pulled off the little label around the cup and used that as a template for my Designer Series Paper.  Then I used that template to make a smaller template for the card stock belly band. Hope that helps!  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment