Friday, December 13, 2013

Joy Banner

Hello!  This will be a quick post today.  Still tons of stuff to do, but I'm sure you can relate- 'Tis the season….  :)  I'm excited though.  It's all good stuff for sure!

This is a banner I made for a friend last year who was in need of a little Christmas cheer. It's a simple banner, but I love it.  Usually when I make something, I'm so proud of my work/so happy with the result that I don't want to give the item away. I did feel that way about this banner, but it was funny because when I showed it to my husband and told him where it was going, he was bummed I had to give it away.  :)  But it was easy enough that I can make another one.  I cut one piece of 12 x 12 patterned card stock to make the flag/banner pieces, trimmed a triangle out of the center of each, cut Joy out with my Sizzix Alphabet dies by Stampin' Up!, glued them to the banner, strung the banner with some Real Red grosgrain ribbon, and I was done.  I love how quick it came together, because my friend had told me that morning at church that she just wasn't feeling the Christmas spirit, so after church I raced home, made a few things for her and then ran over that afternoon to deliver them.  I had told her I'd deliver them to her the next day, but I got so excited making them, I couldn't wait until Monday and delivered them that same day.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll see you tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment