Tuesday, December 17, 2013

DIY Christmas Ornament

Hello!  Here's another project a friend asked me to share on my blog.  This is yet another project made with my friend Mayra.  She always has beautiful projects for me to make, and I learn so many techniques from her.  She always makes these elaborate cards and projects that typically I would look at and think "that's way too much work" or "that would be way too hard to make", and then I see it at her house, she shows me how to make it, and then I'm like "ok, that wasn't too bad after all!"  Thanks Mayra for the endless great ideas!

This is an ornament that was displayed on Stampin' Up!'s holiday catalog last year and is made with the Holiday Ornaments Framelits (#127816 $24.95).  These framelits coordinate with the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set (#128048 Wood $34.95, #128051 Clear $25.95) and are still available. I loved learning how to make this ornament.  It was time consuming, but I enjoyed every minute of making it.



In the center of the ornament are some snowflakes cut with the Snowflake die in last year's holiday catalog, and then a greeting stamped and cut into a ribbon glued on top of the snowflakes.  I added some Cherry Cobbler tulle in between each point of ornaments for some extra color, and added two rhinestones for some shimmer.  I love this ornament!  I hope you enjoyed the project today.  Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment