Saturday, December 14, 2013

Snowman Hot Chocolate

Hello!  Last year as my son was eating lots of baby food, I had an abundance of baby food jars, and knowing me, I had to save everyone of them!  I just knew I could do something with them after I washed them out.  A friend of mine told me she was saving and re-using her baby food jars as well and showed me this super cute snowman made with baby food jars.  It's three layers of jars filled with hot cocoa mix, marshmallows, and chocolate chips, but you could substitute the chocolate chips with peppermint candies if you like peppermint hot chocolate.  Either way, it turns out cute.


When they were all filled, I painted the lids with black and white acrylic paint in flat, painted a nose, eyes, mouth and buttons, added some riding hood red striped grosgrain ribbon from Stampin' Up! for the scarf, and I was done.  I think they're really cute, they make great little gifts, and they will cheer anyone up!  :)  I hope you enjoyed today's post, and thanks for stopping by today!  I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment