Monday, December 23, 2013

Ornament Christmas Card

Hello!  Today's card is another one I received from demonstrator Mary Polcin, while I was away at Stampin' Up!'s annual convention this past summer.  Interested in attending convention next year?  Contact me to learn how you can go.  It's worth it and I loved every minute of it last year!  I love this card and thought it was cute because it's a little smaller than your traditional card.  I love non-traditional sized cards.  This card has a lot of elements that make the card stand out.  The background is embossed with the stylish stripes embossing folder, it has some of the Season of Style Washi Tape added to it, it uses the Christmas Collectibles stamp set and matching punch all from the Holiday Catalog by Stampin' Up!, and then it also uses the adorning accents edgelits to make the scallop shape on the bottom, and the ovals collection framelits to make all three of the ovals on the card.  Layering objects of the same shape is a cinch with the framelits by Stampin' Up!  I love them!  Little embellishments used on the card are bakers' twine and rhinestone jewels.  The ornament and ovals it's placed on are all popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I love how the card base is embossed and then mounted again on the same color.  It looks so nice that way, rather than just embossing the whole card base itself.  Way to step it up for some stunning detail!


The colors on this card are cherry cobbler, old olive, and whisper white.  I hope you've enjoyed today's card.  Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment