Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween card with Witches' Brew Washi Tape

Good morning!  Today I wanted to share a little card with you that I made for some of my friends.  I love this card because it can be made in five minutes or less, but I still think it's cute.  It's a great, simple card to make for someone who doesn't have a lot of time, which pretty much describes all of us, right?  I saw a card like this with a Christmas theme, which I intend to make and post that another time, but I got to thinking how easy it would be to make that same card but for Halloween.  I received the washi tape for free at convention this past summer (You've heard me mention convention in just about every post, but it's because it's so fun and I love it!  If you're interested in attending next year's convention, ask me how!) and was excited to finally use it!  I used it on a gift I made for some friends, that I posted yesterday, and today's card matches as well.  I cut a crumb cake card base, tore off three strips of washi tape, placed them off to the side and near the bottom of the card, stamped an image from the "Eat, Drink, and Be Scary" stamp set (retired) and tied some pumpkin pie grosgrain ribbon to the side of the card, and that was it!  Easy enough for you beginner stampers, but this could also be stepped up a little for you more advanced stampers out there.  I stamped the image in various colors by using the Stampin' Write markers from Stampin' Up! to color the stamp.  This is a much easier way to get different colors than trying to ink the stamp with several different colors and wiping off/covering up certain parts, etc.


Anyway, I hope you liked the card, and stop by tomorrow to see a slightly different play on this card.  I'll see you tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment