Thursday, October 24, 2013

Kid's birthday gift-art kit

Hello!  I'm excited to share this post with you today!  A couple of weeks ago, some of our friends had a birthday party for their son and we were invited.  The boy was turning five, and I remember when my sister was around that age, for her birthday, a friend of ours made her a cute little art kit with crayons, scissors, pipe cleaners, construction paper, stickers and glue and put all the items in a little manilla envelope and labeled it "Kelly's Art Kit", and my sister was in heaven!  I was pretty jealous and tried to steal it a couple of times, it was that cool.  So I thought it would be fun to make something like that for this little boy, and here's what I came up with:

I stamped some monsters, eyes, antennas, teeth and spots from the retired stamp set "Make a Monster" on some card stock, and included some popsicle sticks and googly eyes stuck on glue dots, and this was his 'monster kit'.



 Then I put crayons, chalk, two foam paint brushes, scissors, glue, stickers, and a homemade book for him to draw in, with his name stamped on the front, and I put it all in the envelope.  The book was made from a chip board piece from my convention make and takes, and I cut it in half, added some colored card stock cut in half, punched two holes with a single hole punch, added binder rings, stamped the front, and that was it!
 I was so excited to give him his present!  I thought it up over the weekend and couldn't wait to put it all together.  When it was all done, I wanted to keep it for me!  :)
Lastly, here's his birthday card I gave him.  This card uses the stamp set "Blast Off", paper from the designer series paper stacks in the brights colors, and the Argyle embossing folder.  Pretty easy!  I hope this inspires you to make a craft kit for a kid's birthday in the near future!  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment