Friday, October 25, 2013

Happy Day card

Hello!  Today's post is a card featuring one of the stamp sets that is 25% off until the 28th of October, the "Happy Day" stamp set.  I love this card.  It's been sitting on my desk on top of a stack of cards for the last week or two, and every time I see it, it makes me happy!  I love the colors and the simplicity of the design, and I love that perfect bow!!!  This card was made by Felice Gladue, and was one I received as a swap from convention.  This is an almost exact case from a card in Stampin' Up!'s annual catalog, but the layout is flipped to be a landscape rather than portrait layout.  The colors used are crushed curry, smoky slate, midnight muse, very vanilla and raspberry ripple.  The card base has the "doily" design stamped lightly in crushed curry, for a tone on tone technique, making it ever so subtle.   That same technique is used again on the raspberry ripple 'tag', to kind of tie the whole card together.  

I hope you liked today's card. I've seen it about a million times and still love it!  Thanks Felice for the beautiful card!  Stop by tomorrow for a halloween gift I made for some friends tomorrow!  It shows off ways to reuse old jars lying around your house, halloween washi tape and I figured out another use for my Stampin' Chalk Marker from Stampin' Up!  I'm SOOOO excited to show you!  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment