Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween treats with washi tape

Hello!  Today's post is a halloween treat I made for some friends of mine that came to a class at my house.  I was soooo excited for them to come so that I could show them what I made!  I had so much fun making the treats I couldn't wait to blog about it.  I save all my glass jars from cooking and other things, and I always love finding new uses for them.   I filled these jars with homemade salsa, spray painted the tops of the lids with black 'flat' spray paint, and then wrote on the lids with Stampin' Up!'s stampin' chalk marker, and it was perfect!  The chalkboard look is very trendy right now, so I thought it would be fun to use the marker on the lids, and with the flat spray paint, it held really well.  I covered the jars with strips of paper cut from the Witches' Brew designer series paper pack, tied some ribbon over the paper to hold it in place and the jar was done!



Then I put some halloween shaped tortilla chips in a brown paper bag, stamped a little tag with the Eat, Drink, and Be Scary stamp set from a few years back, added some ribbon and dimensionals to the back and sealed the bag off with the Witches' Brew washi tape, and it was done.  I thought it was a fun little treat!  I've been thinking of this little gift all month, ever since I found the tortilla chips at the store!



This is a fun and easy treat to make for friends and neighbors, and the great thing is, it makes a lot.  I hope you enjoyed today's post and that you'll check back tomorrow for more halloween projects!
Thanks so much.  Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment