Monday, October 21, 2013

The Open Sea stamp set and a masculine card

Don't forget-Today is the last day of Stampin' Up!'s join for $25 promotion!  If you're interested in becoming a demonstrator for Stampin' Up!, contact me today so you can take advantage of the deal!  You can be as involved as much or as little as you'd like, whether that means you are just doing for the discount and feeding your hobby, or you want to earn money while sharing your love of crafting with others.  There's something here for everyone.  Don't miss out on this never-before-seen great deal!  Sign up at:  http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/williamsali/jointhefun


Hello!  Today I wanted to share a card that helps with what a lot of stampers struggle with: masculine cards.  This is a card I received from Stampin' Up! demonstrator Carla Spradling. This card has lots of elements to it, but not are terribly feminine, making this card suitable for a man.  I know I rarely make cards for men, but when I do, sometimes I find myself having a hard time making it exciting, without being able to use glitter, bows and flowers.    This card simply uses stamps, embossing and baker's twine.  The stamps used are from the set The Open Sea, and the wood grain paper is from the Natural Composition Specialty designer series paper pack, and the 'frame' around the card is dry embossed with the framed tulips embossing folder.  The colors are always artichoke, crumb cake, early espresso (ink), sahara sand (ink), and naturals ivory card stock.


I hope that this will give you ideas next time you need to make a card for any of the men you know.  Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment