Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Birthday Card and Wrapped Candy Bar

Hello!  Here's another project I made with the bows I showed yesterday cut from the Gift Bow Bigz Die from Stampin' Up!  It was my Aunt's birthday earlier this month, and I made a card and wrapped a candy bar using two bows cut out from the Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper.  I copied a card that Shelli Gardner displayed at convention that was a moving card.  I made another one at my friend Mayra's house a few weeks ago and decided I could make another one easily.  I was wrong!  This card is quite tricky, so I don't have instructions to post today.  Sorry about that!  I think this card requires more time to make than I like to spend on one card, so chances are I probably won't be making more of it.  It's definitely a card with a huge 'WOW' factor, but I don't have that much time with an 18 month old, so my Aunt was lucky to be the recipient of a one and only card!



The inside of the card is supposed to slide out when you lift the 'lid' of the present, but I had a lot of trouble getting my card to slide easily, and I cut, cut again, glued, ripped and re glued, and still wasn't happy with the result of the sliding.  The white inside isn't supposed to come out all the way, but I think mine had to to be able to read anything I wrote on the inside.  Note-this card is great for someone who hates to fill up an entire inside of a greeting card!  Me, on the other hand, I like to write long messages to friends and family, but this card was cut short because of the slide feature.  You can tell I had tons of trouble getting the sliding to work just right because you can see the ripped crumb cake under the whisper white on the inside flap!  :)  My aunt is sweet and probably (hopefully) didn't care.


Here's the matching cover I made for a Hershey's bar that I sent with her card:  This project was super easy compared to the card!


The bow on this candy bar was made from the 'extra' loop that you can add to the center of the bow (which I chose not to use), and then I cut two little ribbon ends from scraps and made this bow.

Hope you liked the projects today.  Stop by again tomorrow for some more gift ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment