Thursday, October 17, 2013

Eastern Elegance Journals

Hello!  Today I wanted to share some journals that I made for my cousin.  She's on a mission for our church right now, and she wanted something to take notes in.  I bought some composition notebooks on sale during back to school season, so I covered those with some Designer Series Paper and added a few extra embellishments to dress them up.


For this journal, I added white satin ribbon to the edge, cut a little label out with the apothecary accents framelits, cut a C out of Silver Glimmer paper with retired Serif Essentials Dies, added two basic jewel rhinestones, and I was happy with the way it turned out.


On the inside, I put a piece of Lucky Limeade card stock over the front and back cover that usually has room for you to write your class schedule and has measurements and conversion tables.  I put a picture of a temple and a quote on the inside and left the rest for her to fill up!  I liked the inside cover, because it kind of reminded me of a cork board after I put the picture and quote inside, so I left the rest empty and thought it would be fun if she wanted to add more to her little mini board!



This journal was made with the Eastern Elegance Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up! I lined the edge with a piece of smoky slate card stock and used a retired punch to make the notebook edge. (I thought this was a perfect 'edge' for the journal, since it's supposed to be a notebook :)  )  I added some retired Basic Gray satin ribbon, punched a flower out of Whisper White card stock with the blossom flower punch, stamped a flower center from the mixed bunch stamp set, punched it out, and layered it on top of another circle, and then added that to the notebook next to the little 'notes' label.  The inside is almost the exact same as the green notebook.


I thought these notebooks would have been great to give to friends and people I visit teach, for them to take notes during General Conference earlier this month, but I didn't think about that in time.  Next year!!!

Hope this post inspired you to make something.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment