Monday, February 24, 2014

Starburst Sayings

Hello!  I'm definitely loving the stamp set Starburst Sayings from the Occasions catalog by Stampin' Up!  It's such a fun set.  I love the big stamp that says "Oh Happy Day".  Many times I struggle when making a card because most stamps are so small that I feel like I'm left with a huge space to fill, and when that happens, I worry about the card not flowing or looking good.  But with this stamp set, I don't have that problem, because the one stamp is so huge.  I love that it takes up a good chunk of the card front.  I also love the word choice, and I love the lettering. It's trendy yet pretty.  Here's a card I made for a friend for her birthday, along with the box I decorated to put her handmade cards in.


I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set in the background, and a little bit of the Season of Style Christmas Washi tape behind my starbursts.  I only popped up the Celebrate starburst and added rhinestones to the two smaller ones.

Here, this is the box I made to put all the cards in that I made for my friend.  I covered an old Oxi Clean container with Patio Party Designer Series Paper, adhered with Sticky Strip.  I added a bow and covered the top, and no one would know what the box used to be!  I save lots of containers to re purpose them for something else.  I think it's fun to find a new use for some of the containers I buy.  I hate to recycle or throw away something that could be used again.  And most of the time, it's really easy to redress it or disguise it, and it saves me money!  All my friends love seeing how I reuse containers, and now they do it to.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed my post and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment