Friday, February 21, 2014

Birthday Gift Idea

Hello! A few weeks ago it was my husband's cousin's birthday, and I of course jumped at the chance to create something as a gift for her.  I'm loving the Tag A Bag Gift Boxes from Stampin' Up!  They are begging to be used for tons of fun stuff.  One day I had the idea to line the clear sleeve with birthday paper and tie the box off with a bow, so I got out my favorite birthday paper from their catalog, Birthday Basics, and cut a piece to slip inside the box.  I scored it on both ends to fold easier, and then tied the box off with Summer Starfruit ribbon after I stuffed the box with yummy chocolate chip cookies.  (My favorite!)
 I added a tag to the box and just forgot to take a picture before I gave it to her.

 Then I made her a fun little pedicure in a jar.  My sister showed me this idea a year or two ago, and I love it.  I would be happy to receive a gift like this.  I never have enough nail polish, and it's fun to take time to pamper yourself every once in a while.  I made the tag with the new Scallop Tag Topper Punch, added a strip of paper from the Sale-A-Bration pack Sweet Sorbet, and stamped a heart from the Banner Blast Sale-A-Bration stamp set.  To finish off the tag, I added some Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
 I included in the jar a nail file/buffer block, a pair of nail clippers, a bottle of nail polish, a bottle of lotion, and some cotton squares for removing old nail polish.  If I had a bigger jar, I would have included a mini bottle of nail polish remover.

I had fun making my little gift for her and am pretty sure she enjoyed them.  Thanks for stopping by today, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment