Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Birthday Card Case

Hello!  I wanted to share a card with you that I cased from my friend Mayra.  She made this card with the stamp set Another Great Year, and I loved it but didn't have black card stock, so I changed up the colors slightly, but kept the design the same.  Here's the card Mayra made:

Sorry it's kind of blurry.  I took the picture with my phone, and my phone camera isn't that great with an unsteady hand!  She used the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder around the edge of the card and embossed the Happy Birthday greeting in Versa Mark and then White embossing powder with a heat tool.

Here's my card that I cased from Mayra's card:

Instead of embossing my stamped image, I just stamped it and colored in the letters with a Costal Cabana Marker.   I used Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Costal Cabana and Real Red on my card.  Thanks Mayra for another great card idea!

I hope you enjoyed seeing how easy it is to case when you see something you like, but don't necessarily have all the supplies needed to recreate the same card.  I case ALL the time!  Thanks for stopping by today, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment