Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sailor Valentine Card

Hello!  For those of you who don't want a mushy valentine, don't have 'that kind of person' to give one to, or whose Valentine would gag over a mushy valentine, here's a nontraditional Valentine for you!  This card was designed by my friend Jamie Garrett at our demonstrator meeting last month.  I love this new nautical set in the Occasions catalog, and never thought of it as a Valentine-ish set until today.  I think it works great as a friend card or for Valentine's Day for anyone who isn't ready to throw out "I love you" or when it isn't appropriate.

We used the Wood Grain embossing folder, several circle punches and the circle framelits, and the new stamp set Hello Sailor, the High Tide Designer Series Paper, and the new 1 1/4'' Striped Grosgrain Ribbon in Summer Starfruit.  We also added a few rhinestones to the card, but you could leave them off if your Valentine isn't into that kind of thing, or if it's too girly for them.  Anyway, I hope you like today's card.  Purchase the items to make this card in my online store,  and you can earn a free item for Sale-A-Bration!  Thank you to Jamie!  Thank you for stopping by today, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment