Thursday, November 7, 2013

Gently Falling Card #4

Hello!  Today's card is the last one of the set that I made to go inside the card holder I posted a few days back.  This card is neat because of the technique it uses.  I'm not sure what the exact name of the technique is, but you cut a piece of card stock (for this card, I used a 3 1/4'' x 4 1/2'' piece), stamp your images on the piece of card stock, and then cut it into three equal pieces and adhere it to your card, leaving an 1/8'' of an inch between each strip.  Or, you can cut three equal strips instead of one piece, to avoid having to cut it up again when you finish stamping.  (You'll just have to line all three strips up when stamping to make sure your images line up.  But remember, if you mess up, you can flip your paper over and use the back!  If you are using my measurements, then each strip would be 1 1/2 x 3 1/4''.)  Once I had all my images stamped, I glued a small strip of early espresso card stock to the very bottom strip, added two brads to the top right of my top strip, popped the three strips up using Stampin' Dimensionals, and stuck it to my embossed piece of card stock.


I love the subtlety of the metallic gold encore ink pad.  It adds a lot to the card, in my opinion.  The gold was stamped with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, the leaves are stamped with the stamp set Gently Falling, and the Thank You is stamped with the Lacy & Lovely stamp set.  The colors used on the card are pool party, very vanilla, early espresso, tangerine tango, and metallic gold.  I love this card. I hope you do too!  See you tomorrow for some Christmas card ideas!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment