Saturday, November 9, 2013

Merry Little Christmas Cocoa Card

Hello!  Today's card is another Christmas card to help you get ideas for your own Christmas cards.  This is a really cute idea I saw on the internet a few years back and it's been so long ago that I don't even know who I got the idea from, but it's pretty clever.  It's a Christmas card made out of a brown paper lunch bag with hot cocoa inside.  I believe the person I cased this from made her card an invitation to an ice skating event, and then stashed the hot cocoa packet inside the invitation with some cute little saying like 'join us for hot cocoa after' or something cute like that.  I've made this card once before, but made it again this year with current Stampin' Up! stamps.  I used the stamp set Merry Little Christmas, and Festive Flurry for my card, and also used the illuminate stamp pad and pool party ink.

 I added a snowflake cut out of the silver glimmer paper with the snowflake framelit die and popped it up on a dimensional and tied the card off with ribbon to hold the cocoa packet inside.  Pretty fun!

I hope you liked today's card.  I think it was a clever card, and wish I could give credit where credit is due, but at least you know I was not the original creator of this card.  I'm just really good at 'case'ing.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment