Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Card

Hello!  I hope you all had a fun and safe Halloween.  I always am sad when Halloween is over, because I feel like fall is moving too quick!  Thank goodness for two more holidays after Halloween to keep me excited about something.  This card is to welcome in November!  It's a card I received from demonstrator Julee Hicks while at Stampin' Up!'s convention this summer.  I love the colors used. I wouldn't think of using Island Indigo on Thanksgiving projects, but I love the colors together.  I think they mesh well.  The card base is made with Crumb Cake card stock, and the Very Vintage wheel (#117693 $8.50) was rolled across the top in Soft Suede ink.  The Island Indigo strip of paper was embossed with the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder (#132174 $7.95), and then placed on top of a piece of Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper (#132184 $10.95).  The greeting was stamped in Tangerine Tango ink with a stamp from the Tags 4 You stamp set (Wood #131820 $19.95  Clear #131823  $15.95) and punched out with the Label Bracket Punch (#132153 $15.95) and placed on the card after some linen thread (#104199  $4.50) was wrapped around the card. Lastly, a rhinestone jewel (#119246 $4.95) was put on the greeting to add a little extra something.  I think it's a nice Thanksgiving card.  Thanks Julee for the great card swap!  I hope you enjoyed it and that you'll be back tomorrow!   



No comments:

Post a Comment