Saturday, November 16, 2013

Color Me Christmas Card

Hello!  I'm back with another card, giving you ideas for your Christmas cards.  This card is a case from demonstrator Heather Summers.  I love her work and check her blog often for great ideas, and when I saw this card, I fell in love and had to buy the set.  I love the set so much now that I almost ordered it twice on accident, not knowing that I had actually already ordered it.  Funny, considering how I once told myself it was really ugly and I was never going to buy it!
I love this card, because it's really inexpensive to duplicate for mass quantities, it's simple enough to to duplicate for mass quantities, and it's cute.  If you already have the stamp set, for 13.45 plus tax and shipping. (the cost of a pack of Whisper White cardstock and a package of washi tape), you can make about 75 cards.  With the stamp set, it would be 34.40 for wood mount, and 29.40 for clear mount.

Such a cute and simple card that makes me happy!  Supplies I used to make this card:  Color Me Christmas Stamp set (wood #131742 $20.95  clear #131745 $15.95), Season of Style Designer Washi Tape #132155 $4.95, one pack of Whisper White Cardstock #100730 $8.50 for 40 sheets, and Stampin' Write Markers in Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Blush Blossom (Retired) and Real Red (For Santa's Candy Cane).  I popped up my santa and stocking with some Stampin' Dimensionals, but you don't have to if you don't want to. I just felt like the card could use a little dimension since it's pretty flat and really simple.  Popping up your cut out image just makes it a little more interesting.  The greeting is an old stamp from a Christmas greeting stamp set by Stampin' Up!, but you could use any Christmas greeting stamp you have on hand at home.  This card truly is that simple! I hope I've encouraged you to try making your Christmas cards this year.  Enjoy and I'll see you back here tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment