Wednesday, November 27, 2013

More Thanksgiving Decor Ideas

Hello!  With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I wanted to share the last few items I've been making this week.  I volunteered to help 'decorate' the dinner table at my sister-in-law's house, and I will show you part of that today.  The other part, you'll have to come back tomorrow to see!  :)  I've had a lot of fun with the Autumn Accents Bigz Die from Stampin' Up!  It works with a Sizzix die cut machine or a cuttlebug, which ever you have. I've cut out so many different kinds of leaves.   I even cut some leaves out of felt for my son to play with and make pictures with.  Today I decided it would be fun to cut out a ton of leaves in many different colors and then sew them together as a garland, since that seems to be very trending right now.  I just put all the leaves in a pile, mixing together the colors and shapes, and then as I sewed one, I just pulled another random leaf from the pile to sew next, and here's how the garland turned out.  (These pictures aren't the greatest, but the sun hadn't come out yet, so it's crummy indoor light.  And I wasn't able to get a great picture of the entire garland from one end to the other, but it actually spans the length of my couch.)



I used various colored card stocks and some with texture, and I love the leaves! I used them again when I made this "Give Thanks" banner.  I love banners, so this was a 'duh' idea.  I really love the look of the champagne glimmer letters up against the many colored leaves.  As I was putting the banner together, I thought about making rosettes to go under the leaves, but that will have to be a project for after Thanksgiving!




I know this last picture isn't the greatest, but maybe I'll get a new camera for Christmas!  Crossing my fingers!  Anyway, thanks for stopping by today, and don't forget to come back tomorrow for one last Thanksgiving project!  I am excited to share it with you!  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment