Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Circles Card

Hello!  Today's card is another one made this past weekend with my friends.  This card was designed by Carrie Nelson.  Thank you for the card idea Carrie!  We used the new stamp set Perfect Pennants from the Occasions catalog, and the new paper, Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper, and various circle punches for the card.  You could also use the circle framelits in the Annual Stampin' Up! catalog.  I colored the stamp with Tangerine Tango and Soft Suede markers to give it a little more pizzaz.  Usually I just ink my stamp with one color, but I decided to do something a little more fun and interesting this time.  It's more pleasing to the eye, I think.

This card is good because it's not necessarily occasion specific, meaning that you aren't limited to when you could use this card.  It doesn't really scream "Happy Birthday, Get Well, Congratulations or Thank You!", so you could just use it if you wanted to tell a friend you had a fun chat on the phone, or just I'm thinking of you, how are you?  You can use this card for anything, and I like that the card is more of a guy-friendly card as well with the colors, and lack of ribbon, flowers, glitter, rhinestones or pearls. So this is a great card to have on hand!  I hope you enjoyed my post today.  Thanks for stopping by today, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment