Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Better Place Card

Hello!  I've been busy stamping and made a ton of new cards to share with you.  I can't believe how many I was able to make, considering I do have a busy toddler and many demands on my time.  I made this card the other day, and when I first finished the card, I didn't think that I liked it.  But it's been sitting on my desk for the last little bit, and every time I look at it, I like it more, because it's an unusual layout for me.  I have a typical layout that I fall back on anytime I'm not casing (copying) a card from someone else, and I have such a hard time getting out of that same layout rut.  So this card just keeps growing on me, because I added some more layers than I typically do.


This card grew out of wanting to use up some left over pieces of paper, and took off on its own after that.  I don't know what inspired me to place things where I did, but I'm glad I did what I did.  I used Soft Suede, Real Red, and Whisper White for my colors.  The red and white patterned paper is from the  Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack in the Occasions catalog, and the stamp set Starburst Sayings is what I used to created the brown piece of paper.  I love the new stamp set and coordinating Starburst Framelits.  They are so fun, and really dress up a card.  It's amazing how one little shape can add so much to an ordinary card!  And, if you order the Starburst Bundle in Woodmount ( #134817  $44.95) and the Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack ( #132996  $6.95) from the Occasions catalog your total will be $51.90 before tax and shipping, earning you a free item from the Sale-A-Bration catalog!  Sweet deal if you ask me!  Contact me if you would like to order these items and earn a free Sale-A-Bration item, or simply order online through my website.

Thanks for stopping by today, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment