Thursday, September 19, 2013

Simply Stars Birthday Card

Hello again!  The card I want to share with you is made with one of my favorite stamp sets from Stampin' Up!  This is the simply stars stamp set, and it comes with four different star stamps in two different sizes.  I love this set because you can use the stars for various things-cards, scrapbooking, crafts, gifts, etc, and the set is versatile in another way-you can use it for New Year's projects, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Christmas, birthdays, or anything else.  You can't get much more than that out of one set.  Pretty good deal if you ask me!  The colors I used for this card are whisper white, cherry cobbler, and midnight muse.   The little flags on the right side of the card were cut with a hexagon punch, from one long 1/4'' strip of paper.  I just inserted the paper in one of the corners and punched out the little flag.  Much easier than free handing it if you ask me!  I always mess up when I free hand those little flags, so a hexagon or square punch is a must have for me.  I popped up the stars on stampin' dimensionals, added rhinestones to the centers, and that was pretty much it.  The wish big stamp is retired, sorry, but you could add any greeting stamp that you want, since you could use this card for several different kinds of occasions.




Enjoy, and I'll be back tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment