Sunday, April 13, 2014

Masculine Birthday Card

Hello! I have another masculine birthday card to share with you. I had someone at church ask me to make a birthday card for them, and I'm thinking about giving this one to them. I'm still debating. I like the layout of the card, the colors, the background stamps used on the Whisper White, and the clocks. I also like the style/positioning of the wording in the greeting, but I would take out the "You're How Old?" I think the greeting is comical, but I always worry I'll offend people if I use stamps like that one. However, they wouldn't make stamps that say things like that if people didn't find them funny. Although, I'm not super sarcastic. I struggle with sarcasm and am always getting on my husband's case about his liberal use of it. So, that's why I'm still debating whether I'll give this card to the person who asked me to make a card for them. I do love this card, I just don't know if they're the kind of person who will laugh, or will think "I'm never going to ask her to make me a card again if she's going to insult my friends…." Guess I'll just have to feel it out first.  Anyway… on to the card.
There are several products used on this card. The stamps used were Delightful Dozen and Clockworks. Inks used were Costal Cabana, Crumb Cake , Baked Brown Sugar, Sahara Sand, and Basic Gray. Papers used were Whisper White, Basic Gray and Crumb Cake card stock, and the Epic Day This And That Designer Series Paper. I also used dimensionals to pop up the clock, a sponge dauber to sponge around the edge of the clock, and the banner framelits to make the banner in the top right corner. I hope you liked today's card. Thank you to demonstrator Michelle for the idea for this card. Thanks for stopping by today, and I'll see you tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment