Saturday, April 12, 2014

Handmade Dahlias Earrings

Hello!  I have a fun post for you today. I made earrings with the Dahlia Embellishments that are in Stampin' Up!'s catalog.  I was at my friend Mayra's and she came up with the idea.  After I made a pair at her house, I went home and made earrings with a whole container of the Dahlias.  I just loved them that much.  They made great gifts too, with this little box we made to hold the earrings in.  So cute and mini!

 To make your earrings, just buy some earring bases at your local craft store along with some jewelry glue.  Glue your embellishments of choice onto the earring backs, and let the glue dry for a day or two so that the embellishments don't slide around.
 I cut a small piece of card stock and punched holes in it to hold my earrings when I gave them away.

 This box was made with the retired Matchbox die from Stampin' Up! in the Patio Party Designer Series Paper (also retired).  But you can make your own little box easily if you don't have the die.
I stamped the greeting from the Itty Bitty Banners Stamp set and cut it out with the coordinating framelits, and stuck it under a layer of flowers made with a flower from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.  Such a fun little gift, don't you think?  I think I want to make some more earrings with the new embellishments in the 2014 In Colors.  I'll be sure to post pictures of them if I do!  Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment