Sunday, April 6, 2014

Mini Memories Simply Created Album

Hello!  Today's project is a gift I made for my husband's grandmother for her birthday, using the Mini Memories Simply Created Album kit (Item #133332).  When I first bought the album kit, I wasn't fond of it at all, but I knew my husband's grandma would love it.  It was totally her style.  Then I started putting it together and fell in love with it!  First off, I'm starting to love kits more and more, because everything you need to make a project is right there in the kit, making it easy to complete a project in an afternoon or a weekend, everything coordinates/matches, and it's just fun to not have to think too much about what you're going to make or what you're going to use to make it.  Kits take most of the guess work out of it, because there's usually a picture or instructions, and you can choose to stray from them if you want, or can make them exactly as outlined.  It's so fun to have flexibility but also have it prepped/planned for you.  It makes it really easy to take these kits with you when you're waiting at the Doctor's/Dentist/Hair Salon/Auto Shop, etc….  Then you have something fun to work on while you're waiting, and at the end, you have something to show for it!  I love the kits offered by Stampin' Up!  I find myself buying almost all of them, and then once I've made the kit, I always want a second or third one!  Anyway, on to the album I made for her gift.  I love the way it turned out!


 I stamped the Happy Birthday from the stamp set Another Great Year on the envelope that came with the kit, and tucked her birthday card inside.  She loved that and thought it was a great way to keep it with her gift for the future.


 This page was my favorite.  I loved the lace doily and the buttons, sequins and the little love punch out.  The page was so easy to create, and yet it really stands out because of all the embellishments that come with the kit.


There were enough pages in the kit to make about 10/12 double page spreads.  The kit really made a lot.  I loved it.  There were die cuts that came with the kit that you just punch out, and you could make tabbed dividers for the book.  It also came with an envelope like I mentioned earlier, and a cute printed paper bag, to hold momentos.  The album also coordinates with the Quite the Pair stamp set (Item #133176 wood mount; #133179 clear mount).  The colors used in this kit are Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar, Summer Starfruit, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, and Real Red.  The best thing about it is that all you need are pictures and adhesive.  What a great gift!  I loved this kit so much I ordered another one to use for cards and gifts.  There are so many great things that come in this kit!  I also had left over stuff when I finished with the album, and that's always a plus too!  Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll see you tomorrow.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment