Wednesday, April 2, 2014

12 x 12 folded pocket

Hello!  I didn't get pictures taken of the things I made for my son's birthday today, but they will be here tomorrow or the next day.  For today though, I have a really cute project made with a 12 x 12 piece of paper.  This is a swap I received at convention last year and I absolutely love it!  It is made by cutting a piece of 12 x 12 piece of Designer Series Paper in half, and then you take one of the pieces (6 x 12''), and fold it up 2 1/2'', score the 12'' side seven times, 1 11/16'' increments each time.  Then glue each 'pocket' closed a tiny bit at the seams.  I will try to work on making a video of this for those of you who are more of a visual person and aren't following my written instructions.

 Make a small belly band to hold the pocket closed when not in use, and when you give it away to someone.
 This paper is from the 2013-2015 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack, in Baked Brown Sugar, and it features the Flower Shop stamp set and matching Pansy Punch.
You can glue two of the panels together if you want, so that there are evenly divided sections, or you can leave it all one big long piece with 7 pockets.   Either way, it's pretty stinkin' cute.  Great for holding business cards in your purse, or for holding pictures of your kids, grandkids, etc.  You could also cut it into two pieces and use them on scrapbook pages.  You could write little notes for a family member or friend and stick them in each pocket, or stick a gift card or money in one of the pockets and give it as a gift.  Or you could make little mini cards, stick one in each pocket, and give it away as a gift!  There are lots of great ideas for this little pocket holder.  I hope you enjoyed my little project for today, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment