Thursday, August 22, 2013

Tag It stamp set

I was thinking about how I could use some tissue packs I bought a few weeks ago, and I came up with what I think is kind of clever and pretty cute.  I received the Tag It stamp set at convention and had yet to use it, until today.  I love this stamp set for a variety of reasons.  This is a great go to stamp set, because you can color the images with markers for a quick, fun image, (and they coordinate with the chalk talk framelits; another great set to have-and when you buy the coordinating framelits, they work with two sets!), and the set can be used for almost every event. It covers birthdays, Christmas, Retirement/Graduation/New Job/Promotion/special achievement, etc, friend/love, and sickness, plus it has a to/from stamp.  It covers just about every thing!  The other (and probably more important reason) that I love it so much is that when you purchase the stamp set, you're supporting the Ronald McDonald House Charities.  Stampin' Up! donates $3 to Ronald McDonald House Charities when you purchase the stamp set.  If you aren't familiar with the Ronald McDonald House Charities, they help families who have children undergoing treatment for serious illnesses.  I think that's a great cause to support, don't you?  You can also donate time to help Ronald McDonald House Charities.  Visit stampinup.com/giving to learn more.

Back to the project. I colored the stamp with Basic Gray and Real Red, huffed on it before stamping to remoisten the inks, and then stamped on Whisper White card stock.  I punched out the image with the modern label punch, but you could also use the chalk talk framelits (I didn't only because I don't have them. Yet.).  I mounted the modern label punch on Real Red card stock, and then mounted it on my Basic Gray card stock that I cut to wrap around the tissue pack.  The gray piece measures 2'' x 7'' and I scored on the long side/ (7" side) at 1 5/8, 2 1/2, 4 3/4 and 5 5/8, and folded all the score lines.  I placed a small piece of sticky strip on the top back flap so that the belly band stays closed, but will still slip off when you need to get a tissue.  I hope the picture is helpful in showing how to make the belly band.

I think it would be cute to carry these around during cold season, and when someone sneezes, say 'Bless you!', and hand them a cute little package of tissues!  :)  Or deliver them to a friend with some home made chicken noodle soup!  What do you think?  Cute?  I thought so.  :)




Sorry my pictures are not the greatest.  I'm working on making them better.  I just learned from my friend today how to take great pictures, but now I'm working on collecting a few things to help me do just such.  Bear with me as I work on improving the lighting in my pictures!

Happy stamping, and I'll be back tomorrow with another project!


No comments:

Post a Comment