Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mixed Bunch Stamp Set

Good morning!  Today's post is of a card I made a little while ago, but I just took a picture of it before I gave it away.  Do you ever do that?  I find myself doing that all the time.  I made the card, have all the supplies to make it again, but just can't let go of it if I'm really proud of it.  Weird.  Not like card ideas aren't constantly changing... or with interest I couldn't find a million other ideas for a new card, but still the same, I almost always take a picture of the card.  This card was made with the colors raspberry ripple, primrose petals, gumball green, soft suede, summer starfruit, and whisper white.  I made two variations because I just loved both of the colors.  I also used the In colors Designer series paper stack,  (sorry-the ones in the pictures are from last year's catalog-but you can still get patterned paper in these colors, just the pattern will be different- better, in my opinion!) the blossom flower punch, mixed bunch stamp set, basic pearls, stampin' dimensionals, 1'' circle punch and the stamp set pursuit of happiness.  (Sorry-retired).  I show samples of things with retired products for two reasons: 1-to help you continue to get ideas of how to use stamps and products you already own, and 2-because you can always substitute something you see here with something you have at home already.  My grandma used to say "Use it up, wear it out, make do, or do without!"  I love that saying, but find it hard to live by as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  Always having the latest catalog,  getting ideas on the website for demonstrators and from their exclusive for demonstrators magazine makes it hard to use what I have, because I'm always wanting the latest stamps and products.  That's one of the many reasons I sell Stampin' Up!-to support my habit!  But don't think I buy everything from the catalog that I want, because I don't!  I have a family to help support when my business permits, and that keeps me from buying everything.  I do substitute things out when making a card and find I don't have everything like the one I'm copying.  So, do what you can-that's the main point of my tangent.....

Here's the two pictures of the cards.  I just love them, and they were really easy to make and came together quite quickly.


The pictures aren't the greatest quality-sorry.  In a pinch, I took them with my phone.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment