Friday, April 4, 2014

Pinwheels and some party favors!

Hello!  I've been busy getting ready for my son's party today.  I took pictures yesterday of what was done at that point, and that was the pinwheels and the party favor bags.  I will take more pictures today during the party and will show what else I created later on.  I've been having fun crafting away for the games and decorations!  Here are the pinwheels I made in Real Red, Gumball Green, Basic Gray and Pacific Point.  I used an 8 1/2 x 11'' sheet of Stampin' Up! card stock, cut it down to an 8 1/2 x 8 1/2'' square, then cut diagonally across the square, leaving an inch and a half uncut, rotated the square and cut diagonally across the square again the other way, then punched a hole in each of the four corners, being careful not to get too close to the edge.  Then I gathered each edge that had the hole punched in it, and laid each edge on top of each other, laying it down in the center of the pinwheel.  I secured the pinwheel with a brad and then glued it to a chopstick.


I'm sorry I don't have any pictures that show the process of making the pinwheels. I never think about that when I'm in the middle of making something.  I will try and go back and take pictures when I make them again for easter, for those of you who are visual learners.

Here are the party bags.  I cut the trains out with my silhouette.  I love having that!  There's no way I'd free hand cut a train.  No one would be able to tell what it was, and I'd be cutting out trains for the next year at that rate.


I still have to show you the banner I made, but as of right now, it's not finished, so I'll post that tomorrow.  I'm excited for it.  I think it will be so cute. Thanks for stopping by today, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment